Thursday, November 20, 2008

Duke's Diary: What I'm Thankful For...


"Imagine having a nice warm home where people took the time to teach you the basic commands like "sit" and "shake."  Imagine feeling loved and secure with your family. Then one day I somehow got hurt. My knees hurt me badly.   I could barely put my right leg down to walk.  I tried to tell them I was in pain.  They loved me and I knew they would help me.  But imagine how my heart  broke when I ended up in a shelter because they couldn't afford to take care of me.  Imagine sitting in the cage at the shelter, crying the way dogs do....with our big sad eyes.  I remember saying a prayer that God would send someone to help me.  And He did."    Duke

Duke is thankful for lots of people who have given of their time and money to help him:

Love of Labs In and Linda Acup and her staff
Camp Bow Wow Carmel (Steve & Michele Alexander, Eric Padget and the entire CBW staff)
Pet Co and Joe Harris
Dr. Hurd and the Michigan Road Animal Hospital

and last, but not least, the many people who have donated their change and their dollars to help out a very good dog!

No comments: