Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Although several dogs were adopted, there are more still looking for homes. Please check out the rescue group websites: Lucky Labs, Hamilton County Humane Society, Beagle Buddies, Northern Lights Sled Dogs, Love of Labs and Companion Animal Hospital (for chiquaqua puppies).
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
Smooch! Aw, I've been kissed by a dog! I have dog germs!!!
Lucy may have a point about Snoopy's kisses. Does your dog have bad breath?? It may be more than a turn off; it may actually be a health concern. Poor oral hygiene can lead to tooth decay, gingivitis, and even bacteria that can lead to kidney, liver and heart disease in your dog. The American Veterinary Dental Society notes that 80% of dogs show signs of oral disease by the age of three.
February is National Pet Dental Health Month and here are a few things to consider before you smooch your pooch:
1. See your vet for annual dental check ups to assess for bad breath, tartar build-up, swollen or bleeding gums or bad teeth.
2. Brush your dogs teeth at least weekly. Get your dog used to brushing by first massaging the gums with great poultry-flavored dog toothpaste and gradually introduce brushing.
3. Nutritional supplements and special dog treats, rawhide and dental bones may help in maintaining good oral health.
4. Professional cleanings may periodically be necessary.
Who knows....after a good oral cleaning, Lucy may find Snoopy's kisses fresh and irresistable!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Camp Bow Wow had a fun evening at "A Taste of Carmel" at the Ritz Charles. Several of our current clients came over to thank us for taking good care of their dogs -- that is always great to hear! We also met alot of passionate dog lovers who seemed interested in our services.
We were "big" winners in the raffle - Herman won a watch, Michele won a facial and Lisa won a ride on a Carmel snowplow (or street sweeper) -- no kidding. Wonder if she can take a dog on the snow plow with her? That would make a great TV spot.......
Thursday, January 15, 2009
It's been alot of hard work, long days, and LOTS of cuddly, tail wagging dogs -- but here we are celebrating our one year anniversary. Thanks to our clients, employees, vet referrals and rescue groups that have made it a successful year. Since January 2008, twelve foster dogs have found their forever homes and hundreds more dogs have trotted in through our doors for a doggone good day of play with their fellow Camp Bow Wow campers. Thank you and we are looking forward to a great year in 2009.
1. Sammie, one of our first foster dogs that found his forever home
2. Camp Bow Wow Carmel - where a dog can be a dog!
3. Owner Steve Alexander crashes for a nap during Spring Break - one of our first busy holidays!